Committee on Safeguards to impartiality
In compliance alla UNI CEI EN / ISO IEC 17021:2006 SICURCERT appointed the Committee for the Protection of the impartiality of the activities carried out certification.
The Committee's function is to ensure that the work of SICURCERT is always consistent with the principles and intentions set.
In particular, the Committee has the task of safeguarding impartiality:
- assist the body in the development of policies relating to the impartiality of its certification activities;
- counter any tendency, by the Certification Body, that the commercial aspects OR OTHERWISE, prevent a consistent and objective performance of the activities of certification;
- provide suggestions on issues that may affect confidence in the certification, including transparency and public perception;
- conduct a review, least once a year, the impartiality of the audit, certification and the Certification Body's decision-making
All the tasks of the Committee, also a different type from those listed, must ensure that the body is not compromised its essential role in ensuring the impartiality.
The Committee was set up in such a way as to ensure:
- the balance of interests represented in a way that no single interest is predominant (internal staff or external certification body is considered as a single interest and should not predominate);
- access to all information necessary to enable the Committee to carry out their functions;
- the right of the committee to take independent actions (inform the authorities, accreditation bodies, stakeholders) If top management does not take into account the Certification Body of its suggestion. In undertaking independent actions, The Committee shall meet the requirements of confidentiality regarding the client and the certification body.